The factors affecting environmental quality within Cedar City are important to everyone, and therefore, directly affect the quality of life for its residents. ‘Environmental quality’ refers to the values related to natural resources, retention and enhancement of the existing open spaces, special geological elements, energy, scenic corridors, environmental hazards, conservation efforts, water resources, and air quality.
Potential Goals and Investments
- (from previous plan) Clearly define natural or environmental hazards within the City that may affect health, safety, and quality of life.
- (from previous plan) Continue expanding and developing the quality, availability, delivery, and use of water resources consistent with the highest professional standards and community expectations.
- (from previous plan) Control and monitor surface and groundwater pollution sources to provide a healthy environment.
- (from previous plan) Develop a Water Conservation Plan that encourages citywide water conservation methods in order to reduce use, conserve resources, and reduce infrastructure costs.
- (from previous plan) Assure that the air quality within Cedar City provides a healthy environment for residents.
Contacts + Reference Materials
- …more coming soon…